Search This Blog

Friday, January 14, 2022

The Reading Woman

I have been the recipient of two different boxes of greeting cards from Pomegranate Communications. Each contained twelve cards, three each of four different artworks and blank inside for me to use as I needed, i.e. greeting cards, note cards, etc. If I remember correctly one box was from my friend Kristina and the other from my daugher Kari. 

I enjoy looking at art almost as much as reading poems. One of the cards I especially liked was this one


because it made me think of me reading to a young Kari.

It is Alice in Wonderland by George Dunlop Leslie (1835-1921).




Possibly titled The Sleepless Reader  (need to research the artist).




Reading by Alberto Pisa (1864-1931)






Woman Reading - Ricardo Lopez Cabrera (1864-1950).




This is perhaps my favorite of this lot. This woman reading seems so caught up in her book, so rapt - captivated by what she is reading.

I doubt she has any idea what is going on around her. I know that feeling. It happens often when I am enthralled in an adventure.




Lastly, another George Dunlop Leslie painting - Her Favorite Pastime. 

As it is mine. 



No comments:

Post a Comment