Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Blue Moon

 


The Full Wolf Moon as it was setting this morning.

The moon wasn't blue, but the sky and clouds were.

Many artists have recorded Blue Moon. My favorite was probably Dean Martin with his mellow, crooner style.

In 1961, the year I graduated highschool, a doo-wop group, The Marcels, turned Blue Moon into a rock and roll hit.

While I liked their version and cranked up the radio when it came on, I still preferred Blue Moon as a ballad.




Blue Moon

Blue moon you saw me standing alone

Without a dream in my heart

Without a love of my own.

Blue moon, you knew just what I was there for

You heard me saying a prayer for

Someone I could really care for.

And then there suddenly appeared before me

The only one my arms will hold.

I heard somebody whisper, "Please adore me"

And when I looked, the moon had turned to gold!

Blue Moon!

Now I'm no longer alone

Without a dream in my heart

Without a love of my own.




This is a picture I took of the Full Wolf Moon as it rose last night in what I call a clabbered sky. 

It does look like a blue moon. 

It also kind of reminds me of an opal.

This blue moon might have seen me standing alone in the cold and wondered just what I was there for!




No comments:

Post a Comment