Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Celebrating National Hot Tea Month and Day

 


Today is National Hot Tea Day - and all of January is National Hot Tea Month. I don't need a reason to enjoy a cup of hot tea, I drink it every day for lunch.

Each fall I purchase a box of 100 tea bags of Ahmad Aromatic Earl Grey and one of Ahmad English # 1. These are my favorite teas and have been for many years. I usually alternate these two teas but once in awhile, like if I feel a cold coming on, I'll have a cup of Chai.


This year I also ordered a half dozen boxes of Bigelow's Salted Caramel tea for those times when I want a little sweetness.

And I usually have Keebler's Sandies Pecan Shortbread on hand for 'dessert'. 

There is also Bigelow's decaffinated Earl Grey in the cupboard for the rare times I want a cup of hot tea in the evening.



"There is a great deal of poetry and fine sentiment in a chest of tea." (Ralph Waldo Emerson)

This quote was printed on one of the dividers between the rows of  one hundred tea bags.

At one time tea was such a valuable commodity that it was kept in locked tea chests. That got me wondering if this old box Mom used first as a hanky box and later as a recipe box was ever used as a tea chest. I don't know if it was something handed down in the family, but it does have a lock.


I just use one of my heavy coffee mugs as a tea mug every day but because it is National Hot Tea Day I will use this pretty china cup today to celebrate. 

It is only left to decide which tea will be in the cup, but I'm thinking Ahmad Tea # 1.




No comments:

Post a Comment