Search This Blog

Saturday, January 22, 2022

Go Back To 22 For 2022

 

Earlier this month I saw one of those suggestions on Facebook: "What was the #1 song on your 22nd birthday? That is how 2022 will play out for you." So here I was around the time I was 22. Now what was the #1 song that day?

I Hear A Symphony by The Supremes. ♪I hear a symphony, a tender melody....♪ Well, if 2022 is a symphony it'll be a nice change!

I also looked at #1 in the UK - Get Off Of  My Cloud by The Rolling Stones. And #1 R&B - Rescue Me by Fontella Bass - probably more likely the way Covid-19 keeps mutating.
The #1 Country hit on my 22nd birthday was Little Jimmy Dickens' May the Bird of Paradise Fly Up Your Nose. 
Yikes!! Sounds like 2022 may be another year of ups and downs - but then every year is, isn't it?


On Bud's 22nd birthday the #1 song was Incense and Peppermints by Strawberry Alarm Clock. ♪ "Who cares what games we choose, little to win, but nothing to lose." ♪

For my eldest, Douglas, the #1 hit on his 22nd birthday was Ghostbusters by Ray Parker Jr. Who you gonna call? ♪ 

The #1 song on daughter Kari's 22nd birthday was I Don't Want To Cry by Mariah Carey. ♪ I don't want to cry, nothing in the world could take us back to where we used to be. ♪ 

For my youngest son, Preston, the #1 tune on his 22nd birthday was UB40's (I Can't Help) Falling In Love With You. ♪ Wise men say only fools rush in. ♪ I don't remember the UB40 version but I sure remember when Elvis made it a hit!

What was the #1 song on your 22nd birthday? And will it really predict how 2022 will play out for you?





No comments:

Post a Comment