Search This Blog

Monday, January 31, 2022

Books Read In January 2022

 Eight titles for this month.

The Personal Librarian by Marie Benedict and Victoria Christopher Murray is the story of Belle da Costa Greene, J. P. Morgan's personal librarian. 

Dark Sacred Night is another Harry Bosch book by Michael Connelly.

Harvesting the Heart by Jodi Picoult is one of the few books of hers in my library that I have left to read. My enjoyment of her novels does seem to depend on the subject matter.

God Rest Ye, Royal Gentlemen is Rhys Bowen's latest in her Royal Spyness series. These are quick little reads. This one was my bedside book the last three weeks - a chapter or two each night before lights out.

Lady Bird is a biography of Mrs. Johnson by Jan Jarboe Russell. I admired the former first lady for her highway beautification efforts as much as anything and really didn't know, or remember, what she was like while first lady. This book covers her life from birth to death, but centers on her life as the wife of LBJ. It was totally fascinating to read and reminds me I should be reading more biographies.

Two Kinds of Truth and The Night Fire by Michael Connelly would be the last two Harry Bosch novels for me to enjoy if a new one hadn't come out. I'm going to miss these when I'm done with the series, but we have started watching the TV series based on the books.

A Place Called Freedom by Ken Follett begins in the coal mines of Scotland and follows the protaganist to the American colonies as a convict slave in the 1700's. I love history and Follett's books are a pleasure to read regardless of the time period. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment