Search This Blog

Friday, April 20, 2018

Should I Even Admit This?

I had already had enough excitement for one day after seeing my first ever Kingfisher. So last night when we watched Wheel of Fortune and the home viewer ID# popped up as RL8....., Bud said, "You could be the winner." I said, "Oh, I don't think so."
We have watched and played along with the show for years and Bud has had a Wheel Watcher's Club number for a long time, but I didn't. Unbeknownst to him, I did finally sign up for my own ID# last fall. What the heck, two chances are better than one.
But last night was the first time the home winner's ID began with my initials. I wasn't too excited, though because I was thinking my number was RL9....., but thought I should check anyway. I hadn't written down the winning number and Bud deleted the recording of the show as usual.
So, when I checked my ID# and saw it did indeed begin RL8....., I went online to compare my number with the winning number.
I saw this screen and compared my number to the one shown. Oh my gawd! It was the same number! I looked at my number where I had written it down in my book along with the password to sign on. It was the same! I triple checked it before going back and telling Bud, "You're not going to believe this, I did win." The prize was almost $45,000 and included a trip to Belize. He said, "You're kidding." "No, I'm not. Come look at it." So he came in and compared my number with the above number. He even checked it two or three times. It was the same.
Then I noticed that little blue square in the corner. In my defense, this was the first time I had ever had the occasion to check my ID# so I was not familiar with the process. I thought the 'Lets See' was going to confirm my win and explain the next step.

Instead, I saw this. What? But my numbers matched, didn't they? At that point, I went back through all the steps and realized where my interpretation went off the rails.
Alas and alack. At least I hadn't already phoned all the kids. 😌 I hadn't even had time to think about what I would do with the money. I did wonder if I felt up to going to Belize.

This morning I'm back to admiring the flora and fauna and enjoying the sunshine along with the Wood Ducks.

Don't worry about my Wheel of Fortune disappointment, I'll still be playing along each night and trying to solve the puzzles before any else does. And if RL8.... ever comes up again, I'll know how to correctly check my ID#.

No comments:

Post a Comment