Search This Blog

Sunday, April 22, 2018

Celebrating Earth Day

"Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full..."
My preferred celebration of Earth Day is to plant something. But with the long, cold spring, I'm not even close to  planting anything yet. But the day was nice enough to get out and start raking up all those leaves.

I got about 2/3's of the way back on the south side. Hopefully, I will finish it tomorrow and then do the north side later. I have to pace myself. ☺

There were enough daffies open for a small Earth Day bouquet to enjoy.

And there is some planting going on in the field across the pond.

"This planet is not terra firma.
It is a delicate flower and it must be cared for.
It's lonely.
It's small.
It's isolated, and there's no resupply.
And we are mistreating it."
   (Astronaut Scott Carpenter)

Something to think about - not just Earth Day, but every day.

7 comments:

  1. Well, you had to put a picture of a Classic International tractor still on the job, which got all of my attention. I must show the picture to Cliff when he gets up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna - I wasn't thinking about the tractor. I was wondering about what it was pulling. After they sold the cattle, which I liked watching, and plowed up the pasture, there has been nothing but beans and corn, corn and beans. I thought yesterday's equipment looked more like a seeder than a planter. Maybe Cliff can enlighten me?

      Delete
    2. It is a planter of sorts. It's a drill, he says. He was also quite enthusiastic about the tractor. If it's a 1066, it's his dream tractor. If it's a 966, it's close anyway. I enlarged the tractor trying to see which it was, but it was very blurry. I THINK I only see 3 digits, though. So it's runner-up to his dream tractor.

      Delete
    3. Donna - I enlarged my photo, too, and also think it is a 966. So, would a drill be used to plant soybeans? Or just oats? What about grass or clover. (Hoping they are turning it back into pasture.)

      Delete
  2. It will plant any of those, he says, depending on how it’s set up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell Cliff, Thanks. I'll just have to wait for the crop to grow to see what it is.

      Delete