Search This Blog

Thursday, April 5, 2018

My Griselda Dress

I woke up this morning thinking about my Griselda dress. It was a dress I made back in the 70's. I liked the pattern, but why on earth I chose the material I did, I have no idea. It was a green, white and black print. I don't even like prints!

The design was similar to this, but without the pocket. I hardly ever wore it because I felt like I was wearing a house dress, as opposed to something I would normally wear to work. I started calling it my Griselda dress after a character in a book I read. (Possibly Erskine Caldwell's, God's Little Acre.)

As usual, I have no idea why I was thinking about the dress. Several hours later, I picked up the book I'm currently reading, a collection of short stories by Anthony Doerr. I was on the third one when I paged ahead to see what the next story was: For A Long Time, This Was Griselda's Story. What??!!

What? How? Why? Is the universe sending me a message? If so, how do I decipher it? Oh, I suppose it is possible I glimpsed the title of the story yesterday and that is why I woke up thinking Griselda, but it wasn't anything I was consciously aware of.

I really don't think I had previously read the story title. I think it was just another one of those eerie little cosmic jokes.

No comments:

Post a Comment