Search This Blog

Thursday, February 8, 2018

Working on St. John

Internet service on St. John is very spotty according to my daughter-in-law, so today is the first I've heard from them.  I thought I'd share their photos and captions for today's blog post.

"Still very much the same, yet so very different. So hard not to be sad."

"Our view every morning."

"Damage in Coral Bay. This used to be full of trees. Never knew all the dwellings there were on the mountain hidden by trees and vegetation."

"Driveway we helped clear from mudslide at the bottom."

"First house we helped at. Picture taken after the debris was cleared." (This is my son, Douglas, posing for picture.)

And this is the one picture he posted. It says: "Umbrella concrete piers."

Shelly wrote: "So far we've helped clean up debris. Doug built some handrails, recovered personal belongings from a cottage that fell down the mountain; disassembled the walls and part of the roof from the same cottage. Today we are helping install restaurant umbrellas."

Her comment on that first photo of the beach: "This pic was after a hard day's work." Doug's comment: "Tough week; good weather."

Thank you both for writing my blog post for me today. I know how much it means to you to be there doing what you can to help the island rebuild.

No comments:

Post a Comment