Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

What's Wrong With This Picture?

There's really nothing wrong with this picture. The sun is shining. I like the shadows on the snow and ice. If there is anything wrong with a picture it is in these:

Posted by my brother, Les. He and Susan are at the Iberostar Paraiso Maya near Cancun, Mexico.

While son Douglas and wife Shelly are on St. John, U.S. Virgin Islands. Sun, sand, beaches. FEBRUARY! Nope. Nothing wrong.

I could be here. In Arizona visiting my niece in Flagstaff, my brother-in-law in Benson and our friend Kristina in Tucson. I could be walking with her in this arroyo behind her house, picking up rocks.
We talked about it again this week while the snow was flying and the temps remained COLD.
But honestly, I just don't get excited about traveling anymore. It used to be if I even heard a whisper of the words, let's go, I was packing my suitcase.

I told Bud if we only have one or two more long trips in our future, I'd rather go here....
....back to Portland to spend time with Kari and Ken; to take the 'Northern' route again and see more of North Dakota, Montana, Washington. To do it when the weather is nice and when we're not in a hurry going or coming.
Kari took this photo this morning of Mt. Hood silhouetted in the sunrise. When we were talking Sunday morning and I told her how I felt about a trip, she got all excited thinking about us visiting them again. I told her it wasn't anything definite, yet. But after seeing her photo.....?

....or back to here. I know Bud wouldn't mind visiting his son again. As much as I love my extended family and friends, shouldn't we be spending our time with our children as much as possible?

I may not get as enthused about traveling as I used to, but once I'm on the road again I can succumb to its temptations.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, strong competition! I'm just going to say one thing: ferry to Bainbridge Island. :-)

    ReplyDelete