Search This Blog

Friday, February 2, 2018

Want To Make Some Wine?

Forty years ago, there was one thing I really wanted to try - making my own wine. You could buy starter kits for around $20.00, but even those seemed too complicated to me. I never did try making wine.


Perhaps if I'd had this recipe back then I wouldn't have felt so intimidated by the process. It sounds pretty easy. I found this card in Mom's recipe box but I have no idea where it came from. It is neither Mom or Dad's writing, nor either of the Grandma's. I remember Dad and the Reichardt brothers making wine in a crock in our cave. It was grape wine. I wonder if this recipe came from our old German neighbors?

What I remember most about that big crock in the corner was to "Stay out of it." Probably good advice. I wonder how it turned out?

No comments:

Post a Comment