Search This Blog

Monday, February 26, 2018

Comparing Sunsets

Unless clouds prohibit a sunset, I try to see it every day - and take pictures if it is worthy.
Facebook reminds me that last year's February 25 sunset was special....
.....with both sun dogs....

.....and a sun pillar.

This month's sunsets just haven't been as spectacular. Maybe I am rushing the sunset season. When I look back at last March's photos I see a very colorful month. Maybe I just need to wait a few more days. (Having said all this, tonight's sunset will be gorgeous, just you wait and see.) 😜

We are to get into the 50's today and tomorrow. Spring is definitely in the air.
But maybe I'm not the only one pushing the season. These two just flew in and landed on the ice. They took a quick look at the nesting tire and left.
The geese probably know, as do I, that we will still have more cold, snow and ice before spring is really here.
As Wallace Stevens said: "Poor, dear, silly Spring, preparing her annual surprise!"

No comments:

Post a Comment