Search This Blog

Friday, February 23, 2018

Entertained By Birds

It was warm enough to rain last night, and cold enough to freeze that rain by morning.

The seed I scattered on the deck yesterday was frozen down this morning. I got a kick out of watching the birds trying to find a morsel they could pick up.

Even getting a bite from the feeder wasn't all that easy.

As for bird watching, my son-in-law, Ken, sent me a link to this one with the note "Here's something to look for." All I can say is WOW! Wouldn't I love to see a yellow cardinal? This one has been showing up in Shelby County Alabama. Jeremy Black is the photographer of this shot. You can read the article here.

I know how thrilled I am to see an Indigo Bunting, a yellow cardinal might do me in.

The cardinal wasn't the only yellow shared by my Oregon family - Kari posted this picture with the caption "Bloom in haste, repent at leisure." Looks like Portland is having weather similar to ours, except my daffies aren't blooming yet.

Warmer weather is in our forecast. Spring. It won't be long now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment