Search This Blog

Thursday, February 22, 2018

No Más - No More (Snow)

This is what it looked like early this morning. I am glad we didn't have snow like this seven years ago. As I recall, we left here around 5:00 a.m. I had to check in at Iowa Methodist Medical Center downtown location at 7:00 a.m. My shoulder replacement surgery was scheduled for 9:30. Hard to believe it has been seven years already.

All went well, including the physical therapy afterwards. I've never regretted having the surgery. And even though I fretted about it in the days leading up to that Tuesday morning, the day of surgery I was very calm.
I was good about doing my PT exercises at home, but once I was back to "normal", I quit doing them. I couldn't reach quite as high with my left arm, but it was okay. Last December I started working that shoulder again on a regular basis and it has really made a difference.

I heard the cardinals singing in the snow this morning. That's Mama Cardinale at the top left. Do you see Papa on the lower right?

They were waiting for breakfast the same as the little snow birds with them.

I finally went out and swept off an area and filled their pan.

Their patience was rewarded.

To add a little color to this post, this lush bouquet was sent by friends, Gene and Kristina, after my shoulder surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment