Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 31, 2023

January '23 Book List

Only seven books for the first month of 2023. That very one at the bottom of this first pile might have had something to do with the low number. 

City of Fortune is book #6 in Victoria Thompson's Counterfeit Lady series. These are fun little mysteries.

Our Missing Hearts is the second book I've read by Celeste Ng. I did not like it as well as her 'Little Fires Everywhere'. It was too disturbingly close to what is and has been happening in our country the past few years.

The Next Accident is #3 in Lisa Gardner's FBI Profiler series. I've read these slightly out of order but they are all very good reads. 

The Ink Black Heart by Robert Galbraith (J. K. Rowling) is the sixth in her Cormoran Strike series. I love the characters and the storyline of these books. There are 1024 pages in this book and I read every one. 😋

A World of Curiosities by Louise Penny is her eighteenth book featuring Inspector Armand Gamache. I love this series so much and now have been enjoying watching the Amazon Prime series, Three Pines, based on the books. I got smart this time and had my name put on the list to be one of the first to read this book instead of waiting for months for 'my turn'. 

Touch & Go and Crash & Burn are books #2 and #3 in the Tessa Leoni series by Lisa Gardner. Many of her characters overlap from one series to another which make them more interesting, I think. I will soon have read my way through all the books our library has by Gardner and have to find another 'new' author to follow. 

February is our 'short' month, less time to read, but I'm thinking I'll probably have a longer list of books read. Unless I check out another of those 'heavy reading' ones.

On another note: You may have noticed that I managed to post a blog spot every day in January. No, it was not a New Year's resolution. I've done it in other months from time to time. It is just a notion I take to try and post every day. Then I start thinking, "Who cares?" and quit trying. I am giving myself permission to do whatever feels right in February at the same time thinking I need to spend more time exercising and cleaning (a form of exercise?) than blogging.

So much to do, so little time. 

I hope you celebrate the month of Love, not just Valentine's Day and your sweetheart, but with some self care and connecting with friends and family. And may reading be part of that loving yourself. 💖

No comments:

Post a Comment