Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 24, 2023

When It Smells Good Enough To Eat

Usually when we say something smells good enough to eat, it really is - like the pork loin roast I slow cooked in the oven yesterday. It was so good. The aroma was tantalizing and the meat was very tender. Other times we might hear it said about food that it looks good enough to eat. That can happen when food is so artfully pleasing to the eyes, that you might wonder how it will taste.

And then there are times "when it smells good enough to eat" - but isn't. For me, that can happen when a perfume/cologne has a citrus base, orange and lemon are favorites, or, more often, sugary/vanilla overtones. When I was young my favorite scent was Blue Waltz - a very definite vanilla aroma. I remember Mom telling me that when she was my age that girls would dab actual vanilla extract behind their ears. 

Lately around here, two new products have entered our household that cause me to say, "Mmm, it/you smell good enough to eat". That is the new foot cream Bud has started using. It's ingredients are listed as epsom salt, shea butter, aloe vera and vitamin E, none of which provide me with a clue to its actual smell. The best definition I have found for it is "a woodsy scent with notes of musk and incense". Another describes it as "a pleasantly subtle buttery and green scent". However it is described, I'm about ready to taste it.

When I finally used up my last bottle of conditioner, which I liked, but was no longer available at about the only place we have to shop, I googled "best conditioner for fine hair available at Walmart". The one I decided on was OGX thick & full, biotin & collagen conditoner. But I had to take a sniff of it before I bought it because there are some fragrances I just can't stand. But it smelled good. I haven't been disappointed in its aroma or performance. The only problem I have is getting it out of the bottle but that's because of the arthritis in my hands. The aroma is described as "bergamot, jasmine and vanilla". No wonder I like it, although Bud hasn't said anything about its smell....

No comments:

Post a Comment