Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Of Laughing Eyes and Simple Ways

Today is my Mother's birthday. She was born 104 years ago today. I was going to search for a poem for her, but as I poured my first cup of coffee, Elvis' song, Memories, came to mind. So here is a picture of Mom with her sisters and a little cousin. (Mom Ruth on the left, younger sister, Lois, middle, older sister Evelyn, right.)

Memories (Written by Mac Davis and Billy Strange)

Memories, pressed between the pages of my mind,

Memories, sweetened through the ages just like wine

Quiet thoughts come floating down, and settle softly to the ground

Like golden autumn leaves around my feet

I touched them and they burst apart with sweet memories.

Of holding hands and red bouquets

And twilight trimmed in purple haze

And laughing eyes and simple ways

And quiet nights and gentle days with you

Memories, sweet memories

So many sweet memories of mom. She was a woman with laughing eyes and simple ways. 💖


No comments:

Post a Comment