Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 18, 2023

The Sky Has Finally Fallen




Today is National Winnie the Pooh Day for which there are many great Pooh quotes. This is just one of my favorites.

The day is celebrated on this date because it is the birthday of A. A. Milne (January 18, 1882-January 32, 1956), author of the Winnie the Pooh stories.





And much as I love Pooh Bear, his friend Eeyore is my favorite character. 

And his quote: "A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference" is my favorite quote of his.

This stuffed Eeyore was given to me by my husband several years ago. It peeks out from the pillows in the spare bedroom. 

I think Eeyore is my favorite because of his dour disposition. Or more likely because, like me, he is always thinking.


My second favorite character is Piglet - probably because I once raised piglets.

Second favorite Eeyore quote is: "The sky has finally fallen. Always knew it would."

I always thought there would be another global pandemic but I didn't think it would happen during my lifetime. And then came Covid.



And when Russia invaded Ukraine a year ago, I thought that it would lead to WWIII. So, I suppose I am perceived to be more pessimistic than an optimistic, though I believe I'm neither one nor the other. It depends on the day. Or as Eeyore might say: "It is all for naught."

                                  Happy Winnie the Pooh Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment