Search This Blog

Saturday, January 28, 2023

In My Folder of Blog Ideas

I had another one of those middle of the night blog ideas. I even let it percolate through the old noggin for awhile making sure I would remember it this morning. Yeah, I have no clue. And nothing else struck my fancy so I went to my folder titled "Blog Ideas". Nothing there either.

But, there was a name, 'Jakub Schikaneder'. It didn't ring any bells, possibly a long lost relative in the wrong folder? Google the name and find that he was a Bohemian artist born in 1855. As soon as I looked at some of his paintings I knew why I had bookmarked him - I not only save poems and poets I like, I save artists and their paintings.

Here is what Wiki says about him: "Schikaneder is known for his soft paintings of the outdoors, often lonely in mood. His paintings often feature poor and outcast figures and combined neoromantic and naturalist impulses. Other motifs favored by Schikaneder were autumn and winter, corners and alleyways in the city of Prague and the banks of the Vltava - often in the early evening light or cloaked in mist." Well no wonder I like his paintings. These are a few of those in order of favorites....

Autumn Dawn


Evening in the Garden


Weeder



Dark Path


The Sad Way




And lastly, this one, for which I couldn't find the title.

It's the figure in the doorway, the stone pathway and the moodiness of the grays that like about it, or as I usually say: "It speaks to me."

No comments:

Post a Comment