Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Happy May Day

 
The day began with thunder and dark skies in the West.








And a glimpse of the sunrise in the East.







Just enough for a partial rainbow off to the northwest.





Then, the skies darkened and pea-sized hail fell for a brief time.




The April showers that were supposed to bring May flowers were a day late, but still very welcome. We had 90/100's of an inch of rain in about a half hour. On my way to the grocery and library, I saw that the trees are beginning to bloom up at the lake.

I returned home and it seemed like they had begun leafing out while I was gone. The Maples.....

.....the catkins on the Birches.....
.....and the Willows. It won't be long before the wild plums blossom.

The mama goose has left her nest. There were five pairs of geese on the pond and not a baby in sight. What's going on?

Pretty sure it was a male Rose-Breasted Grosbeak I saw early this morning, so I got two more of the bird feeders filled and out. The first bird that showed up was an Oriole; guess I'd better get the Oriole feeder filled, too.

Happy May Day!  "Weave, weave, weave me a rainbow out of the falling rain. Weave me the hope of a new tomorrow, fill my cup again."
Beltain Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment