Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Perfectly Beautiful Day

It was a lovely morning to be outside, doing some watering, pulling some weeds, checking to see if the Cardinal Climber seeds have emerged. (They have.)

There was a volunteer tree coming up in between a couple of rocks. When I moved one to pull the unwanted plant, I noticed these little pebble like growths.

I'm almost certain it is some sort of fungi, but what? I've never seen anything like it before and can't find anything on the internet. Any ideas? Maybe after a few days growth they will change enough to be identified.

On the other side of the house, Johnny Jump Ups! How did I miss seeing them yesterday when I was photographing the ferns? These little flowers of my youth grow so profusely across the street that the neighbors pull them out, spray them, cover them with plastic and landscape rocks just to get rid of them. I have tried transplanting them over here several times but they have never survived. Now one comes up all on its own. I am happy. Just hope they thrive and spread.

Johnny Jump Ups, aka tricolor violas, are cousins of the yellow-orange violas I planted in pots on the deck this year. Love their little faces and cheerful colors.

The herbs have been planted in the old mailbox. This year they are, left to right, cilantro, rosemary and sweet basil. I may not use them much in cooking, but I love walking past and rubbing them for the inticing aroma.

The fountain is up and running. It may be my imagination, but adding the pebbles at the top has made the sound of the recirculating water more pleasing.

A short drive arount Lake McKinley resulted in only one photo of something different - this lone snow goose. It was hanging out near some Canada Geese.

Coming back, along Spillway Road, I spotted this honeysuckle, one of my favorite shrubs.

Not far away was a pink version. So pretty.

I brought home a sprig of white to add to the lilacs from yesterday.

It really has been a perfectly beautiful Spring day.

No comments:

Post a Comment