Search This Blog

Monday, May 14, 2018

A Very Happy Mother's Day

From the cards my coastal kids sent....
.....Mark's on the left (NYC), Kari's on the right (Portland, OR), both saying, "See you in July".....

.....to the yummy rhubarb-strawberry pie daughter-in-law Shelly brought for dessert.....

.....Mother's Day was happy indeed.

Eldest son, Douglas, has made it a Mother's Day tradition to bring me a beautiful hanging plant. It is always a fun surprise to see just what he picks out each year.

One of my traditions has been to have some champagne. This year it was the bottle Doug and Shelly gave me for Christmas. I was very curious to taste it; I didn't even know there was a champagne made in Iowa! Of course it isn't labeled as champagne, but sparkling wine. It was very good.

The Blanc de Blanc Sparkling Wine is from Calico Skies Winery, located near Inwood in Northwest Iowa. Doug bought the wine at "Wines of Iowa" in my old stomping grounds, Valley Junction.

The only thing I would have changed about the day would have been to make it a little warmer. You can see by the sweatshirts Shelly and I have on that it was a tad cool. Too chilly to sit on the deck, but the patio was okay for a while.

All in all, celebrating fifty-five years as a mother, was great and much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment