Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Unsettled Weather

That full moon, lunar halo predicting unsettled weather was right on. We had thunder storms yesterday morning and last night; rain this morning with more in the forecast tonight and tomorrow and an enhanced risk for severe weather.

Here is what yesterday's rain did:
"Beautiful as a dandelion-blossom golden in the green grass, this life can be." (Edna St. Vincent Millay)

Also, this: The rain and warm weather combined to prove me right when just yesterday I said: "It won't be long before the wild plums blossom." I really thought it would be a little longer than one day.

Rabbit, rabbit. I remembered to say it first thing yesterday, it's just that the rabbit couldn't read the calendar. She made up for it by posing among the violets today.

Megan used this picture on the noon weather today saying "It was a spectacular view, with a very nicely shot cloud-to-ground lightning strike right there."

Personally, I don't think it can hold a candle bolt to the photo my son-in-law, Ken, took while here three years ago. His is much more dramatic. (Megan did use Ken's picture on her weather report three years ago.)

And now we wait to see if we get any storms tonight and how much rain is in the guage in the morning.

There's just something about flowers blooming, birds nesting, rabbits hopping about and trees leafing out that makes me glad for another Spring, my 75th.

Oh! I was about to hit publish and heard thunder! Unsettled weather, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment