Search This Blog

Saturday, May 5, 2018

Cinco de Mayo & Horse Racing

Two reasons to celebrate today, Cinco de Mayo and the 144th Kentucky Derby.

To celebrate the first, burritos for lunch. No margaritas, just a glass of jasmine iced tea. I bet all the Mexican restaurants were crowed today.

To celebrate the second, watching the Kentucky Derby - after picking our favorite horses, of course. I followed my usual methods of choosing my horses, by name and number. My third pick was because the horse was trained in Ireland.

Mendelssohn, the Irish trained horse, had the best odds of the three, 6-1.

Magnum Moon's odds were 13-1.

Lone Sailor was a long shot at 24-1, but he ended up the best of the three, coming in 8th. My other two picks finished last and next to last. Last year, the horse I picked because I liked the name, Always Dreaming, won the Derby.
Oh, well, maybe I'll have better luck with the horses I pick in the Preakness and Belmont races.

No comments:

Post a Comment