Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Eclipse of Super Blue Blood Moon

There was a good chance that clouds would prevent my viewing of the second full moon in January - a Blue Moon. Not just a blue moon, but a Super Blue Blood Moon. AND a total eclipse of same.

I was up a little after 5:00 a.m., happy to have a clear view of the full moon. This first picture was at 5:38 a.m CST. The Southwest corner of Iowa was clear - at least for awhile.

5:54 a.m. The eclipse has begun.

6:05 a.m.

6:16 a.m.

6:24 a.m.

6:40 a.m. At this point, I had to switch to night view on my camera. This is as close as the lens would telescope on that setting.

6:49 a.m.

7:51 a.m. Almost covered.

7:53 a.m. CST Total eclipse, just in time before the moon set in the West.

8:04 a.m. A view to the East as the clouds thickened. I got to see, and record, the second full moon of January 2018 -  a super, blue, blood moon and its eclipse!

No comments:

Post a Comment