Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 21, 2018

They Just Needed A Drink

Remember my 'Lonely Naked Lady' post from August 8? Turns out all they needed was a good drink of water from Mother Nature. We had more than 3-1/2" from Sunday until this morning. The Naked Ladies loved it.

An overhead view.

They weren't the only ones - more blooms on the Rose of Sharon.

And the Cardinal Climber is doing its best to take over the world patio.

A whirr alerted me that I had company while I was checking on the flowers. I've been noticing them more the past few days. I think they are readying for that long migration flight.

I've mentioned the fly fisherman before - Sunday morning while receiving happy news from my friend Kristina (she will be stopping to see us on her way to Wisconsin), I told her I was watching not one but three 'fly' men. Like me, she could not believe they were at our little pond. I've never seen them catch anything. My guess is, it is just practice.

My hope is, now that we've had a good rain, we'll have some more as summer winds down to autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment