Search This Blog

Sunday, August 12, 2018

Just Like Presidential Elections?

Last Monday I learned, via Facebook, that my nephew, Alan, was camping at nearby Lake McKinley. After Bud and I completed the rounds at the Farmers Market there, we hunted Al down at his campsite where Bud took this picture of Al and his "Auntie R". My 'once and again' nephew said he would be there for a week and I said, "You'll have to come for lunch one day while you're here."
(For how Alan came back into my life after 47 years, refer to my blog of August 27, 2014, The Magik of the Internet Part Deux.

After becoming Facebook 'Friends' and seeing one another in person four years ago at son Douglas' birthday camp out, I hadn't seen Al again until his Mom's funeral last July.
Did he plan his Creston camping adventure to coincide with Doug's birthday this year? If so, good for him. If not, will it be another four years before we all celebrate together again?

Our deck was the location this time and our number was smaller, just the five of us, but there were just as many or more laughs.


We all had a good time and I got this very good 56th birthday photo of my son.



Doug and Shelly brought tomatoes from their garden which I really appreciate. I'm having the one to the left of the largest tomato with my egg, toast and sausage for brunch today. Just like an Irish breakfast.

After our company departed, toward evening, I noticed a change in the light. When I looked outside, the sun looked just like it did in this photo from Portland that my daughter shared a few days ago. Her's was because of the wildfires in Oregon, Washington and Northern California, but to my knowledge, we don't have any fires near us.

The sun set much more red than my picture, but was a beautiful end to a perfectly wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment