Search This Blog

Saturday, August 18, 2018

The Butterfly Effect?

-- or something similar - where one change in a system can effect changes elsewhere....
....like cutting down the big tree next door....
....caused me to move the impatiens from the corner of the deck where I have been putting them for several years, to another location. I *had* to replace them with something else, but what?

OK, since that corner was now sunny, the portulaca (moss rose) could go there. Which, of course, meant that I had to move one of the other pots to this corner under the careful watch of the gargoyle.

When HD found this piece of driftwood and brought it to me, I didn't know for sure what to do with it, but after moving the portulaca from the front left corner to the right rear and seeing that I needed something extra to go with it, I knew just where to put it.

It sorta' has a gargoyle look about it, doesn't it?

Just my kind of decorating piece.

All this rearranging has me thinking about where I have the table, chairs and umbrella as well as the other two chairs and the little table between them, even the planter fastened to the deck rail.....chaos. Which is another name for the butterfly effect -  chaos theory.

I wonder what changes were wrought by the loss of this beautiful feather? Did it affect the bird's flight? Did it make a difference that I picked it up off the deck and added to my collection?

Change. The only constant in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment