Search This Blog

Thursday, March 1, 2018

Rabbit, Rabbit, Goose

Rabbit, rabbit. It's the first of the month....

.....but maybe this month instead of a rabbit, it is a March Hare?



I was out early this a.m. taking pictures of the almost full moon. I could hear the geese nattering. (If you click on the photo, you should be able to see them.) I could also hear the Killdeer - one of my 'for sure' signs of spring - though it was still too dark to see them. It seems appropriate that a group of Killdeers is known as a "season".

March, like January, is going to have two full moons this year. (Poor February was full-moonless.) Technically this first full moon isn't "full" until tonight, but I wanted a picture of it reflected in the water.

When I first awakened I could hear the wind blowing. I thought, "March is coming in like a lion." But the sun came up, the wind went down and it is a comparatively nice day. The geese seemed to be sunning themselves on the side of the pond where the water is open. There's still a skim of ice on the other side.

I counted twenty-two geese. They've already begun roiling the water, scrappling for dominance and which pair gets the tire nest.

No comments:

Post a Comment