Search This Blog

Friday, December 15, 2017

We've Got An Old Love

One of my favorite songs that my son-in-law sings in performances is Neal Hagberd and Loretta Peak's

We've Got An Old Love.

I met you underneath the willow
We were young, a little shy
But we would sit and talk for hours
Watch the river flowing by
You would laugh at all my stories
Then at dusk I'd walk you home
Who'd have guessed we'd walk a lifetime
Growing up and growing old.

We've got an Old Love
One we never will get tired of
One that fits us like an old glove 
One to warm the winter days 
We don't have to say "I love you" 
Quite as often as we used to 
Old Love just goes without saying 
But we still say it anyway.

We may not leave this town we live in
And life's not as easy as we planned
I always meant to give you diamonds
But you still wear a plain gold band
That old river keeps on rollin'
And we don't know just what's in store
But in spite of all of this
I don't love you like I did
Oh, I love you so much more.



No comments:

Post a Comment