Search This Blog

Monday, December 11, 2017

Bare Trees and Squirrels' Nests

There are so many gorgeous Autumn and Winter sunsets. The dark silhouettes of the naked trees make a dramatic statement. I'm especially fond of that one, perfectly shaped, tree up on the ridge above the pond.

I went out yesterday morning for pictures of the pink clouds and started noticing how many squirrels nests there are around us.

What is that old saying? "If the squirrels build their nests high in the tree, the winter will be cold."

Uh, oh; couldn't get much higher than this one.

Or this one.

All around us; high in the tree tops.

I wish at least one of these nests had some black squirrels like we had on the farm.

If that old saying is true and we have a cold winter, our Arizona family and friends just might see us in January or February. 🙂

I haven't put the feeders out yet this year, but, I'm sure, as soon as I do, I'll be seeing a lot of squirrels right outside my window - just like last year.

"That tree" in last night's purpling shadows.

"Bare tree and pink sky writing."

No comments:

Post a Comment