Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 27, 2017

MCCC - Another Milestone


I posted blogspots much more regularly the last half of 2017 which helped get me to another significant number of posts - MCCC, or, as we write it - 1300.
I've been trying to think of anything that I personally relate to 1300. I've never had it as part of my address in any of the many places I've lived. The closest would be 1242 when I lived in Cedar Rapids.
There are a number of 1300 AM Radio stations - but again, none that I remember listening to.

There are a number of foreign autos with model numbers '1300' -

The Romanian Dacia 1300.

The French Simca 1300.

The Italian Fiat 1300.

And the British Morris 1300.

Of the four, I'd have to choose the Morris, but only because I remember reading a book set in England when I was young and a Morris car was featured in the story. After that, I always thought it would be a neat car to have.

New Balance makes a 1300 women's walking shoe, which I definitely would wear.


And Pelican makes a tough, water proof, hard case for cameras, model 1300. Um-m, don't think I need that.

Then there is the Millennium Falcon 1300 light freighter used by Han Solo and Chewbacca in Star Wars. I haven't kept up on all the Star Wars movies, but I certainly remember seeing the first one.

So, now, as I hit 'publish' on this 1300th blog post, I can begin to think about the two or three posts which will end 2017 and wonder what lies ahead in 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment