Search This Blog

Saturday, December 30, 2017

A Photographic Review of 2017

January
January 31, Channel 13 used another one of my sunset photos during the weather segment.

February
The sunset on February 14 seemed to me perfect for St.Valentine's Day.

March


Great-granddaughter Brynley Marie was born March 13, making the count two great-granddaughters, six great-grandsons.

April
Spring storms began popping up, making for some dramatic photos.

May
I met Brynley in person and had my picture taken with my two great-granddaughters; Lily and Brynley.

June
I spent a perfect June afternoon in Adams County exploring dirt roads and taking lots of photos.

July
July had many good times, celebrating Ayden & Greyson's birthdays and the 4th at Preston & Shalea's in Winterset, having our third annual Christmas in July at Alyssa & Evan's in Northern Iowa, but the highlight had to be having my niece, Lorrie, and her family visit us a couple of times while they were in Iowa to see her Dad. It had been seven years since I last saw them. The twins, Aiden & Erick and Carston had grown so much. It was wonderful to see them all.

August
On the 17th, our friend Kristina, along with her Bobby, stayed on their way to Wisconsin. It had been at least two years since we last saw them. Again, a wonderful visit with a dear friend.

Three days later, on the 20th, grandson Devin came to see us. He had been in National Guard training for six months. It was so good to have him back in Iowa.

September
My little younger brother, Les, was back for his 45th high school class reunion. So he and I and our older brother, Ron, had lunch and spent some time together - the first the three of us had all been together in seven years.

October
Daughter Kari was back in the Midwest to visit friends in the Kansas City area, so we met up with them the weekend of the 18th, in the charming town of Weston. A fun weekend!

Ten days later we were in Polk City for a baby shower for the aunt of these four great-grandsons. The two great-granddaughters were there, also, just not all in the same photo. Many of my 'high-lights' seem to center around family. (No surprise there.)

November
Another full month, celebrating our anniversary & our birthdays with a day in the City; then Thanksgiving with family in Winterset. On the date of his birthday, the 20th, Bud requested 'breakfast' for his birthday lunch.

December
Even though we celebrate our family Christmas in July, we still had several visits from family members this month - granddaughter Deise and her boyfriend, Trevor one evening.

Granddaughter Katrina and great-granddaughter Brynley the next day.

And son, Douglas and daughter-in-law Shelly for Festivus on the 23rd.

On Christmas Eve we had our first of the season, measurable snow fall - one of the latest on record.

Earlier in 2017, I received some old photos from a former sister-in-law. In them was this one of me on New Year's Eve in 1965. A 52-year throw back on this (almost) New Year's Eve.

On January 1, I posted that I wouldn't speculate about what 2017 would bring, that I would just continue to enjoy what Mother Nature brought me - the clouds, the birds, sunsets and sunrises and the moon. From all the pictures I have taken this year, I can readily tell that I did just that. And family; always family.

No comments:

Post a Comment