Search This Blog

Thursday, December 7, 2017

Two Surprise Visits

We don't have a lot of company, so having two granddaughters surprise us in less than twenty four hours was very unusual.

Tuesday evening I heard a vehicle and then saw car lights out front. My first thought was it was UPS because they often come late this time of year. I knew all the stuff I'd ordered had arrived, but Bud has some things on order. But it wasn't UPS.

It was Deise and her boyfriend, Trevor. From this picture she posted, they'd been out shooting and then decided to come visit us. Nice surprise.


Then late yesterday morning there was a knock on the door. I was back here, in the 'office' but I could hear Bud talking to a woman. Again, I assumed it was a neighbor or someone canvassing.

I was really taken aback to see Katrina and Brynley. They drove down from the Big City to see us.

The little ones grow and change so fast. I loved Brynley's tights. It looks like she has red ballerina shoes on, but they are the feet of her tights. So cute.

Katrina and Brynley had lunch with us before they had to head home. It was an hour or more after they left that I realized this:

Our first snow of the season! I hope they got home before it started. Even though it didn't last long, visibility wasn't good.
The holiday season is the time of giving and the gift of time with grandchildren is the best gift of all!

No comments:

Post a Comment