Search This Blog

Sunday, December 24, 2017

First (Measurable) Snow

We have this season's first measurable snow.

Just in time for a white Christmas.

This is the second latest date on record for the first snow in our area.
Those little red cedars in the fence line remind me of the ones we used to cut in the pasture or along the road side for our Christmas trees. No boughten ones for us poor folk.

Some little critter made tracks all the way around this clear area on the pond.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. We reportedly had three inches.

The sun is out now. The snow is over. But it will stick around for awhile as we are to have several days of cold.

This morning's CBS Sunday Morning 'Moment of Nature' was from Pawtuxet River Valley in Rhode Island. I said, "I wish I could take pictures like that." So I did.....

....of the TV screen. Snow clouds obliterated any sunrise here.

Another screen shot. So pretty and peaceful.

This might be the favorite shot I took this morning. It reminds me of Robert Frost's Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening - "The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep."

No comments:

Post a Comment