Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Before The Weather Changed

There were two new record highs for December this past week, both in the upper 60's, and we've had no snow yet.
Sunday Bud asked how my knee was. I thought he was just being nice, but when I said it was feeling pretty good, he suggested we drive out to Green Valley State Park and walk part of the path out there.

It was such a nice day. There were a number of small birds and these two robins, all flitting around. A couple fishermen had a boat on the lake. There were other walkers and bicyclists using the paths.

As we meandered along I noticed muddy footprints here and there, then the above; a very obvious path made by some critter(s) going back and forth from the woods to the lakeside.

Bud started off with a walking stick.

While I went looking for one about half way through our walk. Found a stick and a bunch of beggar's lice.

There is so much good habitat around the lake. We guessed about what all might be living in the area.

I can't identify this pretty weed, but I like its colors.

When we got back to the parking lot, we left our walking sticks for the next amblers.

And when we got home, Bud put the heart shaped rock I found with our collection - a memento of the nice afternoon - before the weather changed!

No comments:

Post a Comment