Search This Blog

Monday, December 25, 2017

A Diamond Christmas

It is my diamond Christmas - not to be confused with a Christmas diamond. Though, perhaps if I had thought of it soon enough....Ha! Seventy five years ago today was my first Christmas - not that I remember it. I was one month and one week old.
Now, because we have our family Christmas gathering in July, today is just another day. But we did have Festivus on Saturday.

The swifter mop had to stand in for the Festivus pole. It's the only aluminum pole I had.

Doug and Shelly came for a Festivus lunch. It looks like Doug is 'airing his grievances' with the pole. Or maybe that is his 'feat of strength'.

I forgot to take pictures before we ate, but remembered in time for our tea and cookies. Shelly brought a plate of the ones she had made. Quite an assortment, but my favorites were the margarita cookies. So good! There wasn't any tequila in these, but you can make them that way. The salty-sweet lime flavor was super.

They weren't supposed to bring any gifts, but Dougie brought his mommie a couple pairs of socks. Not something I would buy for myself, but aren't they pretty? I guess he thought I needed some color in my winter. 💖🙂

Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment