Search This Blog

Friday, January 1, 2016

The Past Year In Pictures

Seeing a list of the top photos of 2015 a couple days ago gave me the idea of doing the same thing with my own pictures so I went through a year's worth of photos, which was a lot of pictures, and chose one for each month. So here they are:

January 6, 2015, the Full Wolf Moon as it was setting early in the morning.

February 1, 2015, after a six inch snow with snow and frost covering the trees and the water still open on the pond.

March 6, 2015, the Full Snow Moon as it was setting behind a bank of clouds early in the a.m.

April 17, 2015. Spring had sprung and I was taking a lot of pictures which made it hard to choose just one. But I liked the composition of the magnolia blossoms in the foreground and the flags wafting in the distance.

May 6, 2015. The pull of the full moon again. The Full Flower Moon setting as a soft breeze blows the catkins of the oak.

June 28, 2015. The day the birds were making such a fuss and I looked out to see this young owl on the deck. Other photos were probably better, but I chose this one because it was such a surprise.

July 1, 2015. This was a hard month to chose a photo from considering how full the month was and that I had my son-in-law's very good camera to play around with. I did get some excellent flower photos with it, but went back to this picture I took of a tiny little iridescent feather left for me on the patio. To me it symbolizes a spirit message. Some say feathers are a sign that angels are near. Finding a feather, especially one like this tiny treasure, makes me pause and reflect - and maybe that is its true purpose.

 August 2, 2015. Stormy weather. So many cloud photos to choose from yet I opted for this one of the rain and hail pouring onto the deck - the drama of a sudden summer storm on my younger son's 44th birthday.

September 4, 2015. I take beaucoup sunset photos. I chose this one for the light reflected in the pond and because the setting sun is perfectly 'hanging' from the dead tree limb.

October 6, 2016. On Little Round Top, Gettysburg National Military Park with the Pennsylvania State Memorial at the center in the far distance. Again, another hard month to choose just one photo considering we had been to New York City, toured the New England states and I had taken almost 80 photos at Gettysburg alone. This one stood out for me because it looks like a very small statue atop a big rock. In reality it is a large statue at some distance from the boulder. (Reminds me of my nephew Andrew's pictures with his companion, Ted the Buffalo.)

November 30, 2015. Frost and ice on the trees with one little oak still dressed for fall reflected in the water along with those other skeletal limbs.

December 7, 2015. My new camera had just been delivered and I was experimenting with it when I took this picture looking down from the deck. I love dark and muted colors. To me this is a somber scene.

Lastly, a bonus picture taken Christmas day. A ghostly figure in the skim of ice wishing all a very happy, healthy, prosperous, peaceful New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment