Search This Blog

Sunday, August 20, 2023

These Boots Were Made For Walking

 

Or, apparently not as I only wore them three or four times. But boy do I remember agonizing over whether or not to buy them at Gordman's  in the Lake Manawa shopping mall. It would have been about thirty-five years ago. They cost in the neighborhood of fifty dollars. Should I? Yes? No?


I asked HD what he thought - "It's up to you." It was ridiculous to want a pair of red boots so badly. But I did. As I recall they were Rouge, not red, and part of the Liz Claiborne shoe collection. 

I still think they are beautiful, but I never felt comfortable wearing them - not because of fit, but because of style. I just didn't know what to wear them with, other than maybe black slacks.

There are a couple used pairs just like these for sale online, one for $45 and one for $15. I would happily give mine to someone, maybe a granddaughter, if they fit (8-1/2 M) and she wanted them.

As it is, they'll probably go into a bag of donations for the resale shop here in town. Maybe someone else will want them as much as I once did.

No comments:

Post a Comment