Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Did I Just Say I Might Be A 'Bit' Obsessive?

So, right after I hit publish on yesterday's blog post I returned to a game of FreeCell that I had been trying to solve off and on for three or four days. I just couldn't win it - but I also could not quit it. My FreeCell solve rate is 100% on Expert level with 2,489 games won. No way was I going to quit and ruin my perfect score.


This is what the board of a FreeCell game looks like. It is not the layout of the game I had been trying to solve. That game is 7156406 in case you ever run across it and want to laugh at me because you solve it in a very short period of time.

FreeCell is another form of solitaire which my daughter convinced me to try several years ago. (She also tried to get me to play Spider Solitaire but that one was too much for me.) Before I admit how long it took for me to solve #7156406, I want to brag about my best time for winning a game of FreeCell - 1:39. That's one minute thirty-nine seconds not an hour and thirty-nine minutes!

Over those three or four days of playing I closed the game each time I left it so actual playing time was not affected by elasped time when I wasn't trying to solve it. It took me 3:22:52 - three hours, twenty-two minutes, fifty-two seconds! More than three times the amount of time I had spent on any previous FreeCell games. To say I was relieved to finally watch all those cards fly up would be an understatement! 😂

My win percentage for regular solitaire - which is named Klondike on the Microsoft Solitaire Collection - is 99% with a best time of a minute forty seconds (l:40). I play it on Master level. As competitive as I am, even against myself, that 99% figure bothers me.

So am I truly obsessive? Well, yes. Yes I am. There. I admit it. 😍

No comments:

Post a Comment