Search This Blog

Friday, January 29, 2021

Full Wolf Moon of 2021

 


I should have taken a photo of the full moon when I was outside Wednesday evening. It would have been perfect. Instead I noted the time and decided to wait until last evening. 

Mistake. It was cloudy last evening so I took this one early this morning. 



January's full moon was called the wolf moon because wolves were more often heard howling at this time. 


When I think of howling at the moon, I think of my eldest child.



I don't remember how old Douglas was when he first began his howling habit, but it was at a young age and went on from there - whenever and wherever he felt like it - not just at the full moon.

 

(Four generations: Doug with his Grandpa Louis and Great-grandma Bessie; me in back.)



He may not howl as often as he used to, but I'd bet he still does once in awhile. I can see Doug trying to get his grandchildren to howl along with him.

I don't know why he developed this trait; I'm not sure I ever asked him. It's just something he did, something uniquely Douglas.



(One of my favorite photos of my son, taken on his 56th birthday.) 

1 comment: