Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Forever In Blue Jeans

 "Money talks, but it can't sing and dance and it can't walk. And as long as I can have you here with me, I'd much rather be, forever in blue jeans."

I'm doing laundry this morning. As I was hanging up my jeans, Neil Diamond's song came to mind.I really liked him back in the 60's and 70's - still do. 

I also thought that whoever is tasked with clearing out my closet when I'm gone is going to think that jeans are all I ever wore - which is pretty close to the truth. There are pairs in all shades of blue, brown, taupe, gray, black, and, in two different sizes. 😄

Once Mom decided it was okay for me wear jeans to school (without wearing a dress over them), they have been my my favorite, and most practical, article of clothing. In my opinion nothing looks better than a pair of blue jeans with a white shirt. It's also what I feel most natural wearing. 

I also thought of Mom in blue jeans. She always wore dresses, even to chore, until slacks became widely acceptable for women. But she was in her late 70's before she ever had a pair of Levis. They weren't new. Either someone gave them to her or she bought them at the Neighborhood Center, but she looked so darn cute in them. I just wish I had taken a picture of her wearing them.

"And if you'd pardon me, I'd like to say we'd do okay forever in blue jeans."


No comments:

Post a Comment