Search This Blog

Friday, January 1, 2021

A Walk On New Year's Day

 


I had high hopes of taking a New Year's Day walk, but it was too cold for me, but not HD. He tries to take a "first day of the month" walk and photo regardless of the weather.

When he said he was going up to and around Lake McKinley I offered drive up and take his picture.

This one I took from across the lake. Note the background bower - how different it looks in winter. (Note to self: Check to see what plants climb there next summer.)



I took a few more photos while there.


And added some effects for fun. The new Adams Street bridge is photo worthy any time of the year.


The temperature was 21°, but that wind from the N, NE was COLD. Windchill was 7°. Br-r-r - now you understand why this wimp wasn't out walking. 😏




This bright mural looks kinda out of place in the gray day, doesn't it?




But not these frost-covered pines. 


And while the roadways were still snow-covered, the park trails had all been nicely cleared.



Back home and looking out my magic window I was happy to see my first Cardinal of the year.

Those little black dots are acorn caps left on the tree when the nuts dropped.




The female Cardinal was easy to identify but this little beauty has me stumped.

Sparrow? Finch? ??? I'll have to keep searching and come back with an I.D. later.



"One for sorrow, two for joy,........


.......five for silver, six for gold....."


Today - "Seven for a secret, never to be told."


"If you reveal your secrets to the wind, you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees." (Khalil Gibran)



(Look for the seventh bird hidden low to the left.)

No comments:

Post a Comment