Search This Blog

Friday, June 19, 2020

Walking on the Wild Side


This morning I took a walk on the wild west side of Lake McKinley. This is the newest section of  the paved pathway.


Vandals or lovers (or both) managed to leave their mark while the cement was still wet.
I wonder if AM and VP are still a couple?




If it weren't for the new homes nearby, you might think you were out in the countryside.








Looking across the lake to the old Girl Scout cabin...




...and trying to photograph the sun sparkles on the water.


The geese took to the water when a car came along. A few minutes later they were back on the road. I could barely hear one of the parents whisper/honking a warning to the youngsters that there were still dangers around. Be aware!


Walking back across the dam, the bright virescent green of the sumac flowers caught my eye.


As did the lavendar blossoms on the crown vetch. Sometimes I wonder if I am walking for exercise of if I am just taking a nature walk. I guess it is really both. I know I walk a lot faster if I don't take my camera along, but it isn't nearly as much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment