Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Walking In The Neighborhood

So far this week I have just walked out the door and done a circuit of my own neighborhood. Yesterday morning it was really early, this morning it was three hours later. Wow, what a difference in the temps.

The only picture I took was of this 1929 Model A Ford Station Wagon. It was setting in a yard along Highway 34 with a For Sale sign on it. I'll bet something like this would command a pretty hefty price.



So I will share some photos of my planters.

This is one my grandson Brock made. It is weathering nicely, I think. The Portulaca seems to like it here.




And here. Mom always called these flowers Moss Rose. I see that another name for them, one I hadn't heard before, is Sun Rose. That might explain why they do so well in sunny spots.

I even put Portulaca in the old mailbox this year instead of the herbs I usually plant there. I don't know why I put it in so many pots this year. Maybe some sixth sense told me it is going to be a hot, dry, summer?

One more picture to share just because tomorrow will be great-granddaughter Lily's 8th birthday - her and little brother Maverick illustrating you don't have to have expensive toys to have fun.

Stay cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment