Search This Blog

Saturday, June 13, 2020

A Perfect, Rare Day In June

James Russell Lowell had it right when he penned: "And what is so rare as a day in June? Then, if ever, come perfect days."

Another perfect morning for a walk. I think this is the most roses we've seen in the twelve years we've lived here. There have been some years when there weren't any blooms.


I always love to see Catalpa trees blooming. This one is near where
I left my car at Taylor Park to walk what I think of as the hospital trail because it connects the McKinley Park trails out to the hospital - and beyond. It is possible to go all the way out to Green Valley Park/Lake.




I couldn't help but notice this committee of turkey vultures in the distance. I suspect they were looking for morsels created by the hay mower.

When I see it somewhere else, I always wonder if this is the same heron that comes to our pond. He was stalking along one of the ponds built along Hurley Creek to improve the water quality flowing into Lake McKinley.

Adams Street bridge from the north; blue water, blue skies, a perfect, rare day in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment