Search This Blog

Thursday, July 12, 2018

Scenes Of Summer

I took these photos on the way to my doctor appointment Tuesday:
With time to spare, I drove along Lake McKinley and was treated to this scene across the water. Very pastoral, right?
A closer view, because the stump looked interesting. Love the reflections as well as spotting farm scenes in town.

One of my pics on Earth Day was of the planting going on across the pond. I speculated about what was being seeded/drilled in place of the usual corn or beans.

Magni-fying the photo didn't help much, but, oats, maybe?



Just when I thought they were oats starting to ripen, he cut them.

Later in the day, raking, then baling, them. I don't quite understand this. It is something different from my years on the farm when the oats weren't cut until ripe, then shocked and threshed. The oats were stored in the granary and the straw was left in stacks in the field or baled and stored in the haymow.

Even though I don't understand the whys, I am so glad to have these country scenes of summer right outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment