Search This Blog

Monday, July 2, 2018

Operation Pillow - Mission Complete

Two years ago I shared this photo and wrote: "Counting on da-da, Kari, to help me finish one of these pillows while she's here (if not all six) so she can take her's home with her to Oregon. These were worked for me by my Grandma Ridnour many years ago. One for my daughter, five for my granddaughters, Katrina, Alyssa, Kathryn, Deise and Dominique."

Pillows completed during Kari's visit - 0. But she took her pillow top home and finished it.

Fourteen months later, last September, we drove to Polk City to see Brad and Katrina's new house. I took one of the pillow tops, thinking I would go to the craft stores in Ankeny and buy the forms I needed. Finding only one, I bought it and told Katrina I would take the form and top home to complete. She said, I can do it Grandma. She put it together and sent me this photo of it and Brynley the next day.

Alyssa received her pillow the next month at Maverick's baby shower. I failed taking a picture of her holding the pillow. It's in that yellow bag behind her.

I managed to complete a pillow in time to give Kathryn her's at Thanksgiving.
I finished the last two, and remembered to take them along yesterday.

I gave Deise her's which she took into the house before I got a photo of her holding it. But I did get a picture of her with her boyfriend Hunter. (Bud's picture of the two of them was better than mine, so I'm using it. We were meeting Hunter for the first time.)

Youngest granddaughter, and last to receive a pillow, Dominique. I hope she and the others will all treasure something hand-stitched by a great-great-grandmother they never got to know.

Besides Hunter, we also met Dominique's boyfriend, Ian.

As well as Devin's girlfriend, Linzie.

And, although we have met him before, this was the first time we'd seen Travis since he and Kathryn became engaged.

Wouldn't the pillows make good 'something old' and ring bearer pillows if they were smaller?

No comments:

Post a Comment