Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Happiness Is A New Rock

Yesterday Hubby Dearest had some business in our former hometown. It was concluded more quickly than he anticipated, so he came home through Prescott and stopped to see an old buddy. The guy has always been something of a rock hound and now that he is retired, he goes all over hunting rocks and artifacts.

When Bud got home he said, "I brought you something. Nick gave me this for you." At first I thought it was a unique round stone with maybe some fossils in the surface.

Then I realized it opened. A geode! Bud said he thinks Nick said he found it in SE Iowa, which makes sense as that is where Iowa's State Rock is mostly found.

I took it outside to introduce it to one of Grandpa and Grandma Ridnour's geodes. It is just a baby by comparison.

I tried to get a photo of the sparkly crystal interior of this half.

As well as the slightly larger other half which has a more chalky appearance, like the crystals hadn't had time to fully form yet. So maybe it is just a baby. Do geodes grow? There's also a small rusty spot of  iron, I assume.

The only thing that would make me happier about this new treasure, is if I had found it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment