Search This Blog

Friday, June 8, 2018

Two Fly Guys

I associate fly fishing with Wyoming and Montana, probably because of the book, and movie, A River Runs Through It.

So I'm always fascinated when I see this guy down at the pond casting. Maybe he is practicing for when he goes to NE Iowa which is where all nine of Iowa's trout streams are located.
My son's sister-in-law and her partner are both fly-fishing aficionados and are involved with Hope on the Rise, a non-profit which offers free retreats for women who have survived cancer.

My second 'fly guy' is most likely a fly gal* - fishing for flies rather than 'flying' for fish.☺ She was working away on her web at dawn. It is most likely complete by now.

"The light strengthened, the mornings came sooner." (E.B. White, Charlotte's Web)

( *I dislike this term for a woman and only use it now because it 'goes with' guy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment